Read our site policies on accessibility, data & privacy policies.
Oftentimes we think we know how work moves through a process; however, we often really only know our piece of the process. A process map makes a process visible by illustrating the flow of the work. It creates a common understanding of a process, allows for standard training and can assist with identifying areas of improvement.
Recommended: Introduction to Continuous Improvement
- March 3, 2023 - March 30, 2023
- June 2023, TBD
- Understand the purpose and importance of process mapping
- Define start and end points of a map
- Standard process for mapping
- Tips for facilitating a team through mapping
Process Mapping is a combination of self-paced and live discussions in a virtual environment. You will have access to the 6 course modules to view at your own pace, with completion required prior to the virtual classroom discussion. You also have the opportunity for an optional one-on-one time with a course trainer to discuss the curriculum and application of information.
- 3.5 hours self-paced videos + practice application
- Kick-off session 1 hour
- Module 1:Intro. to Process Mapping
- Module 2:Scoping the Work
- Module 3:Facilitating Mapping
- Module 4:Creating the Map
- Module 5:Analyzing the Map
- Module 6:Next Steps
- Virtual Discussion 2.5 hour