Process/Event Selection (if more than one project)
- Define the problem(s) to be solved.
- Develop project names (for each problem).
- Determine the organization/system (e.g. work process) where the problem resides.
- Define the impact of the problem on the customer and the business.
- Assess how critical is the problem (to the customer or business).
- Estimate how many resources will be needed to work with the project (staff from different divisions)
- How much data is available to support the project?
- Why is this taking place? What is the urgency?
- Discuss current state.
- What are your greatest fears about the project?
- Are there any issues that might disrupt the project?
- What is the desired outcome(s)?
- Current Situation (High Level process steps)
- Scope (book ends)
- Where does this process start?
- Where does this process end?
- Out of Scope
- What outcomes do you want to be accomplished from the event?
- What will the group produce or decide?
- Goals (should be measurable)
- Project Name
- Project Type (Kaizen, Design, VSM, 5S)
Explain Process for an Event
- Draft charter
Explain Roles and Responsibilities & Identify Team Members -
- Sponsor (contract as needed)
- Team members (Gain understanding of their nature (fun, serious…)
Dates- When do you want to start and when do you want to implement new process?
- Event Start/End
- Pre-event Start (4 weeks prior to event)
Meeting Details (Where does the process take place vs where event held?)
- Report out
- Pre-event Start/end (3 hours)
- Event Start/end
- Report out
- Lunch/Snacks/Celebration for Report-out
- Overtime (available?)
Communication (Once dates and team members established)
- Email from Sponsor explaining Lean and the Event
- Consider if supervisors should be informed first
- Team members
- Others not on the team
- Meeting Invite from Facilitator for pre-event
- Meeting invite from Facilitator for event
- Meeting invite from Facilitator for report-out
- Prepare draft charter for sponsor to review and finalize details