Lean Event Sponsor Contract
Name of Event
The purpose of this contract is to help you and your team achieve successful event outcomes. As the event sponsor, it is critical that you support the team through:
- Empowering the team to make decisions regarding changes to the process within policy guidelines.
- Removing barriers and providing needed resources in order for the team to accomplish established objectives and goals.
- Participating from pre-event planning through sustainment of initiatives.
- Encouraging creative thinking to drive problem solving and positive outcomes.
- Influencing the team to develop the best solution without introducing pre-conceived ideas.
It is the responsibility of the Sponsor to ensure clarity regarding the coverage of event expenses including team members coming in from other locations.
I understand the critical role that I play in making this event successful. As a Sponsor, I will follow the guidelines listed above to ensure the overall success of the team.
Facilitator/Team Leader Signature:
Facilitator/Team Leader is to retain the signed contract with all other event documentation. Sponsor is to be given “Role of Lean Event Sponsor” sheet.
Role of Lean Event Sponsor(s)
Prior to the event:
- Work with staff to identify the process to be improved and the measurable results sought
- Work with facilitator/team leader to plan the event and draft the charter
- Commit to the event by signing the Sponsor Contract and committing the required resources
- Create the space/time for employees to step away from daily tasks
- Communicate purpose and support for event within agency
- Invite team members to event (May include communication with leadership/supervisors)
During the event:
- Attendance is critical – Kick-off the pre-event by communicating:
- Describe the importance of this work and the results to be achieved
- Empower employees to improve the process
- Endorse the space/time for employees to step away from daily tasks to participate
- Indicate commitment to the lean process
- Support the solution to be determined by the team
During the event
- Attend sponsor up-date meetings
- Engage with the group to further empower and support their work
- Be available to the group as required to resolve any barriers/issues that emerge
- Ensure communication and transparency
At the report out
- Attendance is critical
- Present what the opportunity was to sponsor an event
- Support the solution as determined by the team
- Provide recognition to the team (examples include certificates)
After the event:
- Participate in 30/60/90 day check-ins (as needed)
- Receive updates on implementation and assist with removing barriers to implementation
- Continued support for the solutions as determined by the team
Availability and commitment to remove barriers during implementation