This event will address the process from when IDPH receives the first piece of paperwork regarding a new mental health counselor to when the license is issued from IDPH.
- Identify a process that can be implemented quickly to assure new licensees receive their license most efficiently.
- Identify points in the process where IDPH should/could communicate with applicants about the status of their license.
- Identify the best way to communicate with customers.
- Make sure the communication is clear and concise and related to the outcome.
- Develop a tracking method to determine where the application is at in the process.
- Create efficiencies to improve staff interactions with customers.
- Develop a customer satisfaction tool.
- 80% of the time, issue a license within 3-5 working days of the department receiving all requirements for licensure.
- Achieve a customer satisfaction rating of at least 90%.
Sponsor Marcia Spangler, Division Director
Facilitator Shannon Harris, DHS
Team leader Joy Harris, IDPH, Planning Services
Sub-team leader Sarah Reisetter, IDPH, Professional Licensure
Members Paulette Lappe, IDPH, Professional Licensure
Tony Alden, IDPH, Professional Licensure
Judy Manning, IDPH, Professional Licensure
Vicky Winter-Clearman, IDPH Professional Licensure
Jay Hansen, SBOH member Prarie Ridge, Customer
Ron Berg, Prelude Behavioral Services, Customer
- Margie Jass may be on call to the team. She is the AMANDA specialist.
- Determine current processing time. Conduct a sampling of current applicants and look back in time 6 months or so. - Sarah will pull a sample
- A customer survey. – Sarah and Joy
- Determine number of applicants from March, April, May and June 2015. - Tony
- Determine if there is any seasonal increase in work. - Tony
- How long does it take other states to process an application. – Tony
- Get feedback form Licesesees from Prairie Ridge and Prelude – Ron and Jay
- Do a walk through on the website and bring back feedback to the team – Ron and Jay
- Try to avoid making changes to Iowa Administrative Code.
- An AMANDA enhancement recommendation is acceptable, although short term solutions until AMANDA enhancement is active should also be implemented.
FOLLOW UP DATES
September 10, 2015 – 30 day
October 8, 2015 – 60 day
December 8, 2015 – 90 day
February 19, 2016– 6 month
August 4, 2016 – 1 year