What is the Agency Data Plan and Status Report?
As data.iowa.gov is the official portal for the State of Iowa's public data, your agency publish your public data on the website. The purpose of Agency Data Plans are to identify and organize the actions your agency intends to implement within the upcoming fiscal year. It provides provide explanations for each action identified and establishes target dates by your agency expects to complete the action. Actions can include:
- conducting research relative to a new dataset (i.e. evaluating how to extract the data from a source system),
- publishing a new dataset on data.iowa.gov (based your priorities),
- enhancing a existing dataset by adding columns,
- automating updates to existing datasets, and
- replacing/deleting existing datasets currently published on data.iowa.gov.
Agency data plans for the upcoming fiscal year should be submitted using the appropriate input form to the Department of Management in June prior to the start of the fiscal year. Status reports to show progress should be provided as items are completed, but minimally 15 days following the end of each quarter (i.e. October 15, January 15, April 15 and July 15).
|Program Area|| |
Open Data, Agency Data Plan, Quarterly Status Report, Data Identification