What is the role of Agency Data Coordinators?
An agency data coordinator is an an individual who has been designated by their agency director to coordinate your agency’s efforts related to Iowa's Open Data initiative. The data coordinator should have knowledge of resources and data used by the agency. The agency data coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Completing and subsequently updating their Agency Data Plan and obtaining the agency’s senior management approval
- Reporting quarterly on the status of actions outlined in their Agency Data Plan.
- Working with data stewards to ensure data meets quality assurance requirements and contains relevant information
- Reviewing and publishing new and updated agency datasets on data.iowa.gov
- Addressing feedback received on their agency’s published data
- Serving as liaison between their agency and the state data administrator
- Conveying their agency’s specific needs of the Iowa transparency websites
|Program Area|| |
Open Data, Data Governance