What is the role of a lean event sponsor?
The critical role of a team sponsor is to support the team, both during and after the event. See the Sponsor Contract under Resources.
To ensure team success a sponsor must be:
- Enthusiastic support of the team
- Utilizing the event activity to advance a business objective by improving the performance of the targeted process while being aware of the impact to the total system
- Engaged from pre-event planning through sustainment
- Willing to Take Risks
- Encourage creative thinking to drive paradigm breaking results
- Open Minded
- Influence the team to develop the best solution without introducing pre-conceived ideas
During the week of the event the sponsor must support the team through:
- Event Kick off
- Communicate expectations to the team
- Set the direction
- Be visible during the event
- Attend Team Leader Update Meetings
- Redirect if needed
- Challenge the team
- Assist in removing roadblocks
See Sponsor Contact Agreement for more details.
|Program Area|| |
Lean, Kaizen, Sponsor