When is Lean used?
Lean methods and tools apply to any process where an employee:
- Chases information in order to complete a task
- Must jump through multiple decision loops
- Is constantly interrupted when trying to complete a task
- Is engaged in expediting (of reports, purchases, materials, etc.)
- Does work in batches
- Finds work lost in the "white space" between organizational silos
- Doesn't know what they don't know"
From Lean Six Sigma for Service by Michael L. George
|Program Area|| |