New Data Pipeline (beta)
Iowa is participating in a new data pipeline beta, which is a new tool for importing and publishing your data on data.iowa.gov. Participating in this will give us the opportunity to provide feedback during the development phase.
- You will still have access to existing tools.
- The new data pipeline is under very active development. Cosmetic details, menu options, and URLs may change without warning.
- You may find some bugs. When you encounter them, let Socrata know at email@example.com.
What is supported in the current beta release?
- Creating new tabular datasets
- Reentrant publishing (pick up where you left off if you decide not to publish your dataset right now)
- Modifying the metadata for new tabular datasets
- Modifying the column descriptions and field names for new tabular datasets
- Getting fast feedback on how your data will look and behave on data.iowa.gov
- Changing the column types for new tabular datasets with feedback
- Setting errors aside and exporting them for new tabular datasets
- Publishing new tabular datasets to the public (however, you can access unpublished datasets created via the beta experience through your profile)
What is not supported yet in the current beta release?
You can use existing tools for all of these while they are added to the new pipeline.
- Location column types or geocoding to produce location columns
- Geospatial files (shapefiles, KML/KMZ, GeoJSON)
- Metadata attachments
- Non-data files
- Editing/updating existing datasets
- Publishing new tabular datasets as non-public datasets (however, you can access unpublished datasets created via the beta experience through your profile)
How do you access the beta data pipeline experience?
From your profile page, click on “Create new…” and select “Tabular Dataset (beta)”.
|Program Area|| |
Open Data, Publish Data