February 2021 Data Snapshot
In the February 2021 data snapshot, you will find information on:
- Dataset Highlight: Closed Discrimination Complaint Cases in Iowa
- Track the Recovery
- March 6th is Open Data Day!
- Data Assets
- Portal Accounts
- State Data Plan
News, Updates & Tips
Dataset Highlight: Closed Discrimination Complaint Cases in Iowa
This dataset contains information on discrimination complaint cases processed by a local agency, the Iowa Civil Rights Commission or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) in Iowa beginning with cases closed in 2008. Viewers can learn view the date the case was opened, and closed, the bases of the complaint, and reason for closure.
Track the Recovery
The Opportunity Insights Economic Tracker combines anonymized data from leading private companies – from credit card processors to payroll firms – to provide a real-time picture of indicators such as employment rates, consumer spending, and job postings across counties, industries, and income groups.
March 6th is Open Data Day!
Open Data Day is an annual celebration of the benefits of open data, which include:
- Improving the public’s understanding of the cost and purpose of government services;
- Improving governmental accountability and public participation;
- Leveraging data held by different agencies by connecting datasets and finding new insights;
- Eliminating redundancies by allowing the access of data in one place;
- Improving decision making by better informing people with data;
- Creating more efficient and proactive process for open records requests;
- Encouraging innovative ideas (e.g., web applications) that enhance the lives of our citizens;
- Increasing economic activity by generating new and rich content through new applications and services; and
- Complying with the requirements of the Taxpayer Transparency Act and Accountable Government Act.
It is a great day to commit to publishing a new data asset on the state data portal!
The table below reports the number of public data assets published on the state data portal by asset type for the portal as a whole.
|Data Asset Type||Public Assets|
Total User Accounts: 137
Active Users: 20 (14.6% of total)
Note: Active Users have logged in the data portal at least once in the past month.
The State Data Plan identifies actions Executive Branch State Agencies (non-elected) intend to implement.
Questions or Issues?
Please complete the Data Portal Question & Issue Form
How do you like this Month's Snapshot?
Help make this newsletter better; provide your feedback.
Follow Us on Twitter
We are known to tweet. Follow us at @IowaData on Twitter.
|Program Area|| |
|Fiscal Year|| |