Transparency and Gov Data
Transparency promotes accountability and provides information for citizens about what the State of Iowa is doing. Ultimately, it is intended to help citizens answer questions like:
- How much is the State of Iowa spending each year?
- Which businesses in my community received permits or licenses last year?
- Are we paying more property taxes than neighboring communities?
- Have crime rates increased or decreased in my community?
- How many crashes occurred on Iowa roads last year?
- How does graduation rates in my school district compare to others?
The Department of Management, through its transparency programs, are working to make it easier for citizens to find the answers to questions such as these by releasing the data compiled by state agencies. Please browse data currently available, and nominate a dataset you would like to see published.
Follow us on Twitter @IowaData!
|Scott Vander Hart||515-281-6536|