Utility Replacement Tax FY 2016 Billing Information
To: County Treasurers
From: Carrie Johnson, Iowa Department of Management. Telephone: 515-281-5598, E-mail: email@example.com
Subject: Gas & Electric Utility Replacement Tax Billing Information (Iowa Code Chapter 437A) for FY 2016.
Reports and Data Files
- Your county’s Gas & Electric Utility Property Tax Replacement Report for taxes payable in Fiscal Year 2016 (July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016). (After you load the gas & electric replacement tax data into your computer system run a report from your system and verify that the amounts in your system match the amounts on this report on a line by line basis.)
- Your county's FY 2016 billing data file which may be used in conjunction with your software to load the gas & electric utility tax billing data into your computer system.
- By August 15, 2015, the Department of Management is to provide you with the replacement taxes owed by a taxpayer allocated among the various taxing districts.
- By August 31, 2015, the county treasurer shall notify the utility taxpayer of amounts due.
- By September 30, 2015, the utility taxpayer shall remit 1/2 of owed amounts to the county treasurer.
- By March 31, 2016, the utility taxpayer shall remit the second 1/2 of amounts due.
If notification of the utility taxpayer's obligation is not mailed by a county treasurer by August 31, the taxpayer has 30 days from the date of mailing to make the first 1/2 payment. If the taxpayer fails to timely remit their taxes, the county treasurer shall notify the Director of the Department of Revenue.
|Program Area|| |
|Fiscal Year|| |
Utility Replacement Tax